- accept -> allow someone to join
- ask -> use a question
- birth certificate => « Certificat de naissance »
- center -> a place for activities
- daycare -> a place that offers care for small children
- decide -> to choose something
- email (verb) -> to send a message by email
- enjoy -> to like something very much
- feel bad => « se sentir mal »
- how »s (how is) => « comment est »
- knock -> to hit something to make noise
- make sure => « s’assurer »
- miss => « s’ennuyer »
- mistake -> error
- play -> to have fun
- police officer
- pool -> a place to swim in
- pretend => « faire semblant »
- scholarship => « bourse d »études »
- serve -> give food or drink
- show -> let someone see something
- sign -> write your name on something
- Spanish => espagnol
- spend -> to pass time, to pay money
- stand -> to be on your feet
- stay => « séjour »
- teach -> to show someone how to do something
- Theo [thî:-o] -> a first name
- together => « ensemble »
- try -> to make an effort
Reference: Oxford Basic American Dictionary
Listen to each section of this dialog and answer the questions below
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25.
- What is Theo »s family doing in Florida?
- What was Theo saying on the phone?
- Who is Anita?
- Who knocked on the door and why?
- Where does Jan keep Theo »s certificate?
- What is Rudy supposed to send by email?
- Who is Suzan?