Listen to the text and answer the questions below
- authorities -> government officials that have the power to make decisions
- commute -> to travel regularly between your home and your work
- congestion -> being full of something
- emergency -> a serious event that need immediate action
- expect -> to think or believe that something will happen
- instead (of) -> in the place of something => au lieu (de)
- mistake -> something that you do wrong, an error
- resolve -> to find an answer to a problem
- resume -> to continue after an interruption
- shore -> land that is by a large area of water
- subway -> underground transportation
- tune in -> listen to a radio/TV station
- update -> to give the latest (most recent) information
Répondez en anglais, avec un phrase complète (inclure un verbe).
- What is causing the problem?
- What is the normal time to get to work from the South Shore?
- Why are people driving instead of taking the subway?
- When will the problem be resolved?
- Can you spot the mistake in the text?