Listen to the audio file and answer the questions below:
- boiling (‘ing’ of ‘boil’)
- fine meat
- get in touch (expression)
- head cook
- introduce (verb)
- owned (past of ‘own’)
- to your liking (expression)
- welcome (verb)
Answer in English, using complete sentences
- Where did Mr. Waters find out about the job?
- Why did he lose his job at the paper mill? How long had he worked there?
- What were his responsibilities in his last job?
- Why doesn’t he work there anymore? Do you think that he left on good terms with the owner?
- Does Mr. Waters sound qualified to do the job? Why?
- What are Mrs. Sweeney’s responsibilities?
- Where does the inn get its food supplies?
- What, in addition to the meals for the guests, are the other meals that Mr. Waters would have to prepare? For whom?
- Who would also work in the restaurant with Mr. Waters? What are their responsibilities?
- Will the owner call the person Mr. Waters used as a reference?