Above photo taken from the Discover Halifax web site
Listen to the audio file and answer the questions below. The exercise is divided into two parts:
- mouth of the harbor
- open sea
- wave (verb)
- wave (noun)
Audio – Part 1
Questions – Part 1
Answer in English, using complete sentences
- Why are there people at the harbor today?
- Who is with the children that are by the wall on my right?
- Where is the brother of the woman with a yellow hat?
- Where is the woman who is waiting for her son?
- What is at the mouth of the harbor?
- How did the lucky fisherman bring the big fish to the dock? Why did they have to do it that way?
- What are the boys doing on the other dock?
Audio – Part II
Questions – Part II
- Who is the first one to see the ship?
- What do the people on the dock do when the ship comes into view?
- When does the ship come into the harbor?
- Why do the children get up on seats?
- Where is Peter?
- Who are the first people to come off the ship?
- Who is the last person left on the dock? Describe him.